Makes 8 servings
1 cup sliced strawberries
¼ cup orange juice
½ cup blueberries
¼ cup Xlear XyloSweet sweetener, divided
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, separated
2 cups Earth Balance Organic Soymilk Original
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
½ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Organic Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
1. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the strawberries, blueberries, orange juice, and 2 tablespoons of the XyloSweet. Cook for 10 minutes, or until berries are softened. Set aside.
2. Preheat your waffle iron.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
4. In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the egg yolks and the remaining 2 tablespoons of XyloSweet until the egg yolks are pale yellow, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla and mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients and mix again.
5. In a clean bowl or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes. Gently fold egg whites into the waffle batter. Pour batter into waffle iron and cook until golden brown. Serve waffles topped with berry sauce and whipped cream.
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Fat: 10 g
Protein: 9 g
Fiber: 2 g
Active Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes