Ditch the harmful chemicals found in conventional beauty products and set the girls up with this all-natural spa day recipe.
This blend is great to use daily for normal and combination skin because the ingredients complement each other so well. Green tea gently reduces oil production and shrinks pores and witch hazel alleviates irritations and inflammations. Aloe vera provides a moisture-retaining protective layer for the skin.
What you need
- 2 green tea bags
- 1/2 cup distilled or purified water
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
Makes 2/3 cup
How you make it
1. Make tea: Place the tea bags in a glass measuring cup with a spout. Heat the water over high heat until it is almost—but not quite—boiling. Pour the hot water over the tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes. Then remove the tea bags and let the tea cool to room temperature.
2. Add the aloe vera gel and witch hazel to the tea and stir until thoroughly combined.
3. Transfer the mixture to a small bottle with a lid for storage.
How you use it
Cleanse your face. Then apply a small amount of the toner to a cotton ball and wipe gently all over your face.
Love this spa day recipe? Check out our others.
This recipe has been adapted from Girls’ Home Spa Lab.