This Valentine’s Day, share your love and appreciation for your family through gratitude notes. These notes can be a collection of fond memories, thank yous, “I love you because” statements, and so much more between your family members. Not only is this an easy craft to make, it’s also a great way to teach your kids how to show gratitude. Present your loved one with this jar of warm fuzzies on Valentine’s Day for a heartfelt gift that goes beyond flowers and chocolate.
- 3 sheets of 8.5” x 11” recycled craft paper
- Ribbon (6 feet)
- Craft scissors
- Pens and/or markers
- Jar with a lid
- Start by sectioning a piece of craft paper. Lengthwise, mark 3 ½-inch sections down the paper. Width wise, mark 2 ¼-inch sections across. Draw vertical and horizontal lines from the marks to create a grid. You should end up with a grid of 12 rectangles. Cut out each rectangle and repeat on the other two pieces of paper. You should have 36 rectangles in total.
- Cut the ribbon into 2-inch-long pieces until you have 36 pieces total.
- On each piece of paper, write your note with a pen or a marker. Once you have written something down, roll the paper up vertically, wrap with the ribbon, and tie to create mini scrolls. Repeat with desired number of paper pieces and ribbon.
- Place the scrolls in your jar, close it, and get ready to gift it on Valentine’s Day!