Kids get a huge kick out of this treat, and you can make it organic with Newman-O’s or Country Choice cookies, and sour gummy worms from Surf Sweets. Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups skim milk
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies or chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 12 to 18 gummy worms
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the milk and stir constantly over medium-high heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Switch heat to medium and cook, continuing to stir, until thick, about 5 minutes. Allow pudding to cool for 10 minutes before filling cups.
- Divide pudding among 6 serving cups (about ½ cup of pudding per serving). Top each with crushed cookies. Finish by poking a few gummy worms into each pudding so that they appear to be crawling out of the cup. Place cups into refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 6 servings Per serving: calories 425, fat 13 g, protein 8 g, carbohydrates 75 g, dietary fiber 4 g